Tuesday, January 4, 2011

An Arctic Blast?!

I started to write earlier, after watching the weather in bed, then saw a commercial for the new Biggest Loser and I decided that I should go run first. I'm back!
Next week, we are supposed to get this arctic blast from the north. I am super excited about it, although I can't stand the cold. As of right now there is no snow or sleet in the forecast. A tad disappointed to say the least! If it's going to be that cold, it might as well snow. BUT, we can't control mother nature. I am also excited because maybe it will be a tad warmer for the Cowtown 10k in February (which is a very cold race).

As I was running, I was thinking about what to blog about. It might sound weird that I was thinking of blogging while running, but I have to keep my mind on something other than my breathing. If I listen to myself breath or count breaths, I will stop running because I think I'm dying! Here were my thoughts while running today...
  • A UPS man drove past me. Pollution?! Not sure, but it's hard as hell to focus on anything after a UPS truck passes you because you think you're going to collapse from fumes!
  • Katy Perry, Kesha (I refuse to put a $ symbol in her name) and Rhianna...these girls are not talented and need to stop making music immediately. The record producers need to find better talent as well.
  • Dry fit shirts need a band of rubber on the bottom of the shirt so when you run, it doesn't slid up and Precinct Line gets to see your midriff.
  • My summer vacation...possibly Red River, New Mexico (it's been 13 years since I was there)
  • Poor Bryan...such a smart, talented, bright, understanding, witty, funny, graceful man and still no job. College degrees don't seem to mean much these days. March will be 2 years since he has had a job. He went back to school to get his teachers certificate only to be back at square 1 and was too late for hire (test results came too late). Now, he is subbing when he can. I just hope and pray for him that 2011 will be different for him, us and our future.
  • Inger...our dog. If you follow my facebook, you know she jumped off the bed the other day and has been hurt ever since. Diagnosis: she bruised her spine, has some inflammation and was put on pain killers. I'm giving it a week, I hope she gets better.
Those were my thoughts today. I only ran about 2 miles or so, but it was a run. Better than applying for the Biggest Loser show as a contestant!
2010 Cowtown 5K
LeighAnn

No comments: